The Year of the Rat


Well, well, well... here we are in 2008, having left the dregs of 2007 behind us. I made a few - just a few - little Resolutions (in no particular order):

1.) Get a job (more of a necessity than a resolution, but let's not digress)
2.) Be more polished (mostly this means wearing more lipstick)
3.) Work on my core (interpret it as you wish... ab-wise, or spiritually)
4.) Take a creative writing class

And three weeks in, how have I done? No job - but we're honing in on some possibilities. My little red tube of lipstick does hardly leave my side, and I ended up with a brand, spanking new hair cut, which has the semblance of a style. I've been to the gym the 4 out of the last 5 days and begrudingly continue to do my sit-ups. I even got a complement from the gym guy today that I was doing them correctly. Ix-nay on the creative writing-ay class thus far, but I have toiled on a few pieces here and there. I keep telling myself that classes equal money and I'm really trying to curtail my spending til that jobby-job comes my way. So perhaps later in the Spring?

In any case, I'm digging the Year of the Rat and I'm all about being back in the Big Apple!

0 comments: